Planning for the Future of Housing
January 24, 2024 (7:30 AM - 10:00 AM) (PST)
It's been a busy off-season for the building industry. Across the Central Okanagan, we've seen Housing Needs Assessments, Housing Strategies, and the approval of Housing Accelerator Funds. Everywhere you look, local housing is the topic of the day.
But how do all these documents impact home builders? How should builders be planning to adjust their business to meet this demand? How are municipalities adapting policies to get more homes built, and what does it mean for the residential construction industry?
Join us for a Builders Breakfast with Directors of Planning from Kelowna, West Kelowna, Lake Country, and Vernon, as we take a deep dive into how each region is working to meet the challenge of a housing supply that isn't fully keeping up with housing demand, and what steps each jurisdiction is taking to catch up.
During this ninety-minute session we will:
- Get a 15 minutes municipal update from each Director of Planning
- Have a conversation regarding the opportunities and challenges that exist for builders throughout the region, moderated by Grant Thornton LLP.
Our Panelists include:
- Jared Kassel - Director of Planning, District of Lake Country
- Brent Mangan - Director of Planning, City of West Kelowna
- Roy Nuriel - Director of Planning, City of Vernon
- Ryan Smith - Director of Planning, City of Kelowna