BC Building Code Update
February 27, 2024 (7:30 AM - 10:00 AM) (PST)
Who should attend: Builders, Renovators, Designers, Trades & Building Officials
Want to keep up with the BC Building Code (BCBC)? This course will introduce students to the latest edition of the BC Building Code. Students will apply a working knowledge of compliance, code objectives, definitions and appendices as they relate to the built environment.
Changes to the 2023 BCBC come into effect March 8/2024. This workshop will cover new code requirements for housing construction:
- Cooling requirements
- Radon area change
- Foundation wall dimension
- Modified ICF reinforcement & gypsum board application
- Other relevant changes to housing construction
We will also discuss:
- The most recent changes to the current BCBC that building designers need to know?
- What are the most reoccurring inspection rejections or building permit issuance delay from design point of view and why?
This course is approved for 2.0 CPD with BC Housing
5505 Airport Wa
Kelowna, BC V1V 3C3 Canada